Kutumb Sahay Yojana Gujarat 2021 Sankatmochan (National Family Assistance) Scheme The main breadwinner has to be a family member whose income constituted a major share of the family’s total earnings. The death of such a bread-earner should have occurred whilst she/he is above 18 years of age and below 60 years of age.
A woman in the family, who is a homemaker, is also considered as a ‘breadwinner’ under this scheme. The deceased’s family shall qualify as a family living under the poverty line.
The prime benefits of NFBS are its financial support for dependent beneficiaries. While the emotional loss or mental anguish can’t be replaced with anything, financial assistance can make life easier for the deceased’s family, especially those living under the poverty line. One can find more information about the benefits by downloading the pdf document with the guidelines of the scheme.
Who can benefit?
- The main beneficiary of a family with a score of 0 to 20 in the poverty line (female or male) is entitled to benefit if the death occurs naturally or accidentally.
- The deceased male or female should be above 18 years of age and below 30 years of age.
- Must apply within 3 years of death.
What are the benefits?
- Once the main earner’s family dies, Rs. 20,000 / – is provided through DBT (Direct Account Deposit).
Where to get the application formThe application form is available free of cost at the following office.
- District Collector’s Office.
- Province Office.
- Taluka Mamlatdar Office and Public Service Center.
- VEC Co. of Gram Panchayat Center. Online application can be made on Digital Gujarat Portal from the operator
Where to apply?
Under this scheme, application has to be made to the concerned Taluka Mamlatdar for all urban or rural areas.
The amount of assistance to the beneficiary is credited to the beneficiary’s account by DBT. Is submitted by.
Note: – Taluka Mamlatdars have the power to sanction the amount under this scheme.
One could avail the form by clicking on the link enclosed herein. Similarly, filled-in Application forms are to be submitted to the designated officer appointed by the respective state governments. At the district level, the implementation of the scheme has been entrusted to Zila Parishad or its equivalent. At the local level, the Gram Panchayat /Municipality would implement the scheme.
National Family Support Scheme– SankatMochan (NFBS):
(A) Eligibility Criteria:
1. The family should be in BPL List
2. The natural or accidental death of the main income earner of the family
3. Age of dead male or female should be more than 18 years and less than 60 years
4. Application to be submitted within 2 years after the death
(B) Benefits: Rs. 20,000/- to the family.
(C) Where to apply?
Apply to respective Taluka Mamlatdar.
The TalukaMamlatdars are authorized to approve or disapprove the assistance under this scheme. An appeal can be given to Prant Officer in 60 days in case of disapproval of the application.