New PAN Card-Aadhaar Card linking rule: it is very important to follow all the government rules. Government Create all the rules and regulation for good and as a Responsible Citizen it is our responsibility to follow all the rules and Regulation.The Central board of Direct tax has announced on 01-07-2022 that from today they are Extending the Date of PAN Card-Aadhaar Card linking rule.
However, there is a god and a bad news about linking PAN Card with Aadhaar Card, As per the Official Circular issued by the CBDT, that If PAN Not Linked with Aadhaar will become Inoperative after 31 March 2023. And the good news is you can still use your pan card for a year. You have one year time Period for PAN Card-Aadhaar Card linking rule.
New PAN-Aadhaar linking rule
Income Tax Department has announced that after 31 march 2023 they will charge Penalty of Rs. 1000/- for not PAN Card-Aadhaar Card linking. They have announce another Rule about PAN Card-Aadhaar Card linking rule is that, those Tex Payers Who link their PAN with Bio metric Aadhar Card by 30 June 2022, would be Required to pay the Penalty of Rs.500/-. And beyond that penalty will raise Double by Rs. 1000/-. And it is better to link your PAN with the Aadhar Card then Pay such a big amount Of Penalty.
They have Given Opportunity To the tax Payer for Link their PAN with Aadhar till 31-9-2023 to intimate their Aadhar to the Prescribed Authority for PAN Card-Aadhaar Card linking without Facing Repercussions, the CBDT Said, adding Such Intimation Would Have to Accompanied by late Fees.
PAN-Aadhaar linking rule: What If Your PAN Become Inactive?
After 31st March 2023, if you have Not Linked Your PAN with Your Aadhar Card, It Will Become Inactive and the Consequences under the Act for Furnishing. Intimating or Quoting the Pen shall apply to such Tex Payers. Once Your Pan Become In Active You Will Restricted by doing Financial Transaction, Subjected to the TDS at Higher Rates and Penalty Under Section 272B.so , in short you have to face so many Problems if your Aadhar card become Inactive.
Step By Step Process of PAN-Aadhaar linking rule
In order to PAN Card-Aadhaar Card linking, tax payers have to first register on the Income tax e-Filing portal.
- Log in to the e-Filing portal of the Income Tax Department by entering the log-in ID, password and date of birth
- After punching in the details, you will also have to feed in a code
- On logging in to the site, a pop up window will appear, prompting you to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card
- If not, you can go to Profile setting and opt the “Link Aadhaar” button
- Punch in the details such as name, date of birth and gender. It will be already mentioned by you during registration on the e-Filing portal
- Verify the details on screen with the ones mentioned on your Aadhaar card
- If the details match, enter your Aadhaar card number and click on the “link now” button
- You will get the message that your Aadhaar card has been successfully linked to your PAN card
Here in this article we have provide you all the Possible Information about this new PAN-Aadhaar linking rule. Hope this Article will helps you to know all the details which you are Searching For. So as mention in this Article you have still the time of almost 1 year. You are Advised to Link your both the Important Document Aadhar with Pan. Do this Process on time.
Official Website: Click Here
Ojas Adda Home Page