ONGC scholarship is an exclusive scholarship opportunity for students belonging to SC/ST/OBC and General categories who are studying in the first year of Engineering, MBBS, MBA or Master in Geophysics/Geology programme. Run by the ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Company) Limited, under its CSR initiative, the scholarship rewards 2000 meritorious students every year. If you are an Indian national and studying in the courses specified, you can apply for the ONGC scholarship scheme to stay advantaged.
Latest Update: ONGC Foundation has announced scholarships for meritorious students of SC/ST/OBC and General category for the academic year 2020-21. The last date to apply for these scholarships is 6th August 2021.
Name of the Scholarship
- ONGC Scholarship to Meritorious General Category Students 2020-21 : Click Here
- ONGC Scholarship to Meritorious OBC Category Students 2020-21 : Click Here
- ONGC Scholarship to Meritorious SC/ST Category Students 2020-21 : Click Here
Name of the Scholarship
ONGC Scholarship to Meritorious SC/ST/OBC and General Category Students
Total number of scholarships available : 2,000 Students
- For SC/ST Students – 1,000*
- For OBC Students – 500*
- For General category students – 500*
Amount of scholarship
INR 48,000 per annum to each scholar (INR 4,000 per month)
Stream-wise distribution of scholarships
- Engineering – 494 (SC/ST) + 300 (OBC) + 300 (General)
- MBBS – 90 (SC/ST) + 50 (OBC) + 50 (General)
- MBA – 146 (SC/ST) + 50 (OBC) + 50 (General)
Zone-wise distribution of scholarships
- North Zone – 200 (SC/ST) + 100 (OBC) + 100 (General)
- West Zone – 200 (SC/ST) + 100 (OBC) + 100 (General)
- North-East Zone – 200 (SC/ST) + 100 (OBC) + 100 (General)
- East Zone – 200 (SC/ST) + 100 (OBC) + 100 (General)
- South Zone – 200 (SC/ST) + 100 (OBC) + 100 (General)
Nationality : Indian
Category of students
Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Other Backward Classes (OBC) and General categories
Current academic qualification
The applicant must be a full-time student in the 1st year of Engineering/MBBS course or 1st year of MBA / Master in Geology / Geophysics at an AICTE/UGC/MCI/State University/State Education Board/Central University/Central Government institution.
Qualifying examination details
- For Engineering / MBBS programme – The students must have passed Class 12 examination with minimum 60% marks.
- For MBA / Masters in Geology / Geophysics – The students must have passed graduation with minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA/OGPA on a 10-point scale of the grading system.
Gross annual family income
- For SC/ST candidates: Less than INR 4.50 Lakh per annum from all sources
- For OBC/General candidates: Less than INR 2 Lakh per annum from all sources
Maximum 30 years as on 1st July 2020
Online Application Process
- Step 1: Visit the official page of the ONGC scholarship.
- Step 2: Click on the ‘Apply Scholarship’ button to start the application.
- Step 3: Fill in all required details in the application form. (Note: The students are required to fill the application form in capital letters).
- Step 4: Upload all supporting documents along with the completed application duly certified as well as forwarded by the Dean/Head/Principal of the University/Institute/College and submit.
- Step 5: Also, a hard copy of the same should reach the designated ONGC office of your respective zone. (Note: The zone from where you can apply is decided based on the location of your college/institute/university of the qualifying examination, not on the basis of your domicile). Refer to the address of designated zone offices in the table below to send the completed applications.
- Passport size photograph of the applicant
- Caste certificate (in English/Hindi language)
- Age proof (birth certificate/ class 10th mark sheet)
- Mark sheet of the qualifying examination
- Annual family income certificate (in English/Hindi language)
- Bank details (in the prescribed format)
- Copy of the PAN card
- Copy of Adhaar card
- Copy of undertaking
ONGC Scholarship Important Links
Official Advertisement link (Gujarati Advt)
Online Application Link (ongcscholar.org)
ONGC Scholarship – Important Dates
- Start Date of ONGC Scholarship Applications : 07th July 2021
- Last Date to Submit ONGC Scholarship Applications : 06th August 2021
- Declaration of Final List of Scholarship Beneficiaries : To be announced