In the year of 2015, The Central government launched the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana. The scheme was part of the ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ campaign. The scheme is considered the most popular today for the secure future of daughters. Under this scheme, any parent can open an account for their daughter below 10 years of age. After maturing in 21 years, Parents get a huge amount of money through which you can get rid of your daughter’s education and marriage worries.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana interest
The interest rate on Sukanya Samrudhi Yojana (SSY) is 7.60% p.a., Which is higher than schemes like Fixed Deposit, National Savings Certificate, Monthly Income Scheme, Kisan Vikaspatra and Recurring Deposit. Sukanya Samrudhi account can be opened at any post office or bank branch.
How to open Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account at Bank or Post Office
- first go to the post office or bank and get the form. (Demo Form)
- Birth certificate of daughter, photo of parents, identity card and address proof needed.
- Your account will be opened after verification of your documents by the bank or post office.
- The account holder is also given a passbook after opening the account.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Chart
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Application Form Pdf
The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) Application Form PDF for a new account can be obtained by visiting a nearby post office or participating public/private sector bank. Alternately, you can also download the SSY New Account Application Form from the RBI website.
How to fill Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Application Form
The SSY Application Form requires applicants to provide some key data regarding the girl child in whose name the investment will be made under the Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Yojana. Details of the parent/guardian who will be opening the account/making deposits on her behalf are also required. The following are the key fields that are featured in the SSY Application Form:
- Name of Girl Child (Primary Account Holder)
- Name of Parent/Guardian opening the account (Joint Holder)
- Initial deposit amount
- Cheque/DD Number and Date (used for an initial deposit)
- Date of Birth of girl child
- Birth Certificate details of primary account holder (Certificate number, date of issue, etc.)
- ID Details of Parent/Guardian (Driving License, Aadhaar, etc.)
- Present and Permanent Address (as per ID document of parent/guardian)
- Details of any other KYC Documents (PAN, Voter ID card, etc.)