UMANG – Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance Application, UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) is developed by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and National e-Governance Division (NeGD) to drive Mobile Governance in India.
UMANG provides a single platform for all Indian Citizens to access pan India e-Gov services ranging from Central to Local Government bodies and other citizen centric services.
Features and Benefits of the UMANG App
- You can avail over 150 different services offered by the central and state governments easily
- Simple categorisation of services as Recently Viewed, New and Updated, Trending, Top Rated and Suggested has been made to enhance the app interface
- You can easily search for a specific State or Central Government service using the in-app filter
- The application is available in 12 regional languages such as Hindi, Marathi, Tamil, Assamese, Gujarati, Bengali, Kannada, Odia, Punjabi, Malayalam, Marathi, Telugu and Urdu, apart from English
- You can even make easy online payment of various utility bills such as gas, water, electricity, etc.
- The application also offers key integration services including Digilocker and Aadhaar
UMANG App Service
|Digilocker||A secure cloud-based platform for storing, sharing and verifying documents/certificates.|
|Aadhaar Card||You can View and/or Download your Aadhaar Card from your Digilocker Account|
|Ayushman Bharat||This is National Health Protection Scheme currently being implemented as a Pilot Project to provide primary, secondary and tertiary healthcare network to masses.|
|e-RaktKosh||This UMANG module is designed to provide access to blood banks through greater digitisation and connectivity of blood banks across the country.|
|Parivahan Sewa – Vahan||At present, this module in UMANG allows you to make payment of commercial road tax if Registration Certificate of the vehicle is updated on Digilocker.|
Download UMANG App
- Download From Google Play Store
- The Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) website has the link ‘https://web.umang.gov.in‘ using which you can download the app.
- If you are unable to search for the application, you can either give a missed call or send an SMS to ‘9718397183’ for receiving a download link.
After downloading the app successfully, you have to fill in your information, such as your full name, mobile number, etc. You can register yourself on the app by using the One-Time Password (OTP) which is sent on the mobile number using which the app has been downloaded. Your Aadhaar Card number can be linked with the UMANG app.